Saturday, June 28, 2008

Surgery

The day has arrived for my surgery not really as anxious as I thought I would be feeling relived that it is here April 20, 2005. Never had been under anesthesia that long, the longest was one hour a long time ago to take out my tonsils. The doctor said it would be an eight hour surgery, if everything goes all right.
I remember seeing the ceiling rush by going to my room for a brief second and thinking I made it, thank you God, I remember saying it several times. I did not have to go to the ICU, I went straight to my room after being in the recovery room. My surgery was long 11 hours he said eight, he ran into some problems, because it wasn't Ovarian. He wanted to try and get everything out that he could see the best he could out. The next day he came in and said “there is good news and there is bad news. It wasn't Ovarian Cancer; it was Pseudomyxoma Pertionei (PMP) Cancer of the Appendix a very rare cancer that 1 in a million people get.” He removed my uterus, fallopian tubes, both ovaries: my right one had a tumor on it that weight 10 pounds; cervix, (complete hysterectomy), appendix with a small piece of cecum, wedge piece of stomach, two-three liters of mucus fluid build up on organs, scraped my liver, spleen and diaphragm from mucus build up. I asked him if he got it all out, and he said yes, I believed him.

No comments: