Saturday, June 28, 2008

Effexor

The doctor ordered Effexor, it is used for depression, but they found it can help people who have hot flashes. I took the pill in the morning. That evening Mike was getting ready to leave to go home for the night, at that time he and Christie was taking turns spending the night with me. I thought I could spend the night by my self. Mike just left to go home when panic settled in. Could not sleep, felt jittery and kept hearing " Don't fall asleep, you will not wake up." Kept looking around the room. Just fell asleep and saw dark puffy clouds swirling around me, but did not feel the wind. I heard myself say interesting but could not see anything else around. The clouds were swirling upward I remember looking up at them, large dark clouds swirling like a tornado, then I looked down. I was standing on smooth brown rock like a cliff. There was an edge, I walked closer to it and looked down. It was pitch black in the middle with the clouds swirling up around me. Abyss, I just knew that there wasn't a bottom to it. I was standing there just looking, my toes where on the edge of the rock. I was quiet an experience to watch, no one else around me, just the clouds. Then I heard someone or thing say-" go head and jump", but I just stood there. I heard myself say that is surely a long way down it has to be bottomless. The middle was black as night and I felt nothing was there and emptiness about it. I looked up again and there white puffy clouds at the top edges with sunlight trying to come through. I then clearly heard someone say " If you jump, you will not wake up." I woke up and was shivering, and felt jumpy looked around the room several times. I called Mike who just arrived home a little while ago, and asked him to come back. He did I did not tell him or anyone what I felt or heard or saw. Just told him I felt uncomfortable. He slept in the chair beside my bed, facing me, so if I woke up I could see his face. I held onto his foot and slept a very deep sleep. The nurse brought in Effexor again in the morning to take and I refused it. She was quiet upset and said the doctor ordered this for you to take, I said I'm not going to take it anymore. He came in and I explained to a certain extent about the side effect I had, he discontinued it. Never took Effexor again, never will. You have to be real careful when they order medication for you. It may work which is great, or in my case you may have side effects that you have to tell them so they can discontinue it

No comments: