Saturday, June 28, 2008

Check Up

4 weeks later went back for a check up in September 2005. CT Scans of chest, abdomen and pelvis, x-rays of chest PA and LAT, blood work where all done again. It was real scary; I knew if my blood work levels did not drop...he did not get it all. I was nervous, anxious, upset felt like I wanted to throw up and still get that way when I go for a check up. What if something showed up on the ct scan or x-ray? What if the blood work was off? I was sure before we arrived that it was gone, but waiting in the doctor's exam room for him to come in is an eternity. Questions go running through your mind again and again silently, even if you feel everything is all right. He came in examined me. Helped me up and said "You made our office proud. I see no evidence of growth of tumor or mucus any where. Blood levels dropped." I was so happy I hugged him. Then we said thank you very much Mike was with me. I was so happy and thanking God as we were walking down the corridor to the parking garage. I was smiling from ear to ear.

No comments: