Saturday, June 28, 2008

Recovering

Moving was very interesting at first I did have a morphine pump to help with the pain. They get you up so you don't get pneumonia from the first day post-op while you are attached to several tubes. I had an I.V, the pain drip pump, Foley catheter going into the bladder with bag, 2 j-p drains and an intra abdominal port for drawing blood or to give chemo through. I was sore in places I thought I would never be, from the position they have you in to do the surgery. My right shoulder was sore for the longest time, found out it was positioned up above my head so the doctor could operate on me. Loved sitting in the rocking chair, one day while sitting in the rocking chair, I had what I called the hot flash from hell. I had a fan on me, had two wet wash cloths one on my neck and the other I was wiping my face and had a blanket around my shoulders. All of a sudden my feet felt hot, then my legs, arms, chest. I took off the blanket, re-wet the wash cloths; put one on my neck the other on top of my head. Then swoosh of heat that was intense like fire started at my feet and went out the top of my head, the two wash cloths were dry, to this day it was the only one I had. The heat was nothing like I ever experienced before in my life.
One night I put the head of my bed all the way up I was wheezy and it was very hard to breathe. I called the nurse she went and called the on call doctor. She came back with an inhaler I told her that I needed more then that. Around 6 am he finally ordered a nebulizer treatment that really helped some. My doctor came in around 8 am he thought I might have developed pulmonary emboli. They ran tests, and gave me I.V. lasix. The lasix really help, didn't know one person could go to the bathroom so much in one day. It got rid of the excess fluid built up and I felt so much better. He ordered a cardiologist to come by and he ran some tests. The cardiology doctor said" you had a heart attack with in the last 4 months and you have left bundle branch block (L.B.B.B). I want to do a cardiac cath tomorrow." I declined I still could not totally lay flat, which you have to do for the cardiac cath. He tried to have it done before I left the hospital, I did not have it done. In a matter of 10 days I was told no you don't have ovarian cancer, just P.M.P, you had a silent heart attack, asthma and L.B.B.B. I went home on heart medications for the L.B.B.B.

No comments: